Sunday 10 April 2011

Far Away but always Near

Well we are in Florida at the moment sort of escaping the world! Not quite more of a time to relax and enjoy spending time with the kids. We have had a lovely time, it's amazing what a difference the sun makes!
But Steve is not here, well not in body anyway but can feel him in spirit. I find myself at times looking around for him, as if he has gone off for a walk. I look at people at families and think we would be doing that. I look at situations and think Steve would have made a comment about that. He had this way of making us all laugh out of the smallest of things.
It's unreal really that I won't see him again. I'm starting to have more dreams and images of him and quite frankly he was gorgeous!!!! I know I'm biased and this might sound strange but I find myself looking at other men and thinking nope, nope your not as lovely as Steve not that Im looking in that way but I just keep thinking about how much I loved Steve for all the things both physically and mentally and the thought always ends up with the simple phrase "I miss you Steve!"
I've certainly been getting my retail fix, 8 new pairs of shoes and 4 dresses later have had to buy a new suitcase! Now that's something Mr Wright would not be approving of! Saying that he loved his shoes, never met a man before who had more shoes than me! Think we might be even now though!
It's 5 months today since Steve passed! 5 months sounds so long, it's nearly half a year! So many things have happened and Steve hasn't seen them, he knows about them though I know he does he is with us through every step I just wish he was physically here!
Again it comes back to "I miss you Steve"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much for keeping in touch this way - you are 'real' & through your sharing are helping others along this road unknown. My husband has stage 4 kidney cancer & I treasure each moment we share together - your love for each other still shines through! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete