Thursday 1 March 2012

Simples.....meerkats anyone?

It is just the simple things in life that make us smile.
We can work and work and work but ultimatley its the simple things that make us happy.
No matter what car you drive or the house you live in these things all become irrelevant when your unwell. The over riding thing you have when you loose someone is not what you had in material sense but what you had emotionally.
Ive realised that as strong as I am in mind ultimately its my heart that dictates how I feel.
I can stand in front of my team and lead from the front. I can deliver a pitch to a client on the merits of my company but ultimately when I come home at night its my heart that rules how I feel.
Tonight I came home from a long day and an amazing work day but its the simple things I needed.
A cuddle, a smile, a cup of tea and these things whilst they cost nothing in monetry terms mean everthing in emotional ways.
I looked for the first time back at videos of Steve, why I dont know but suppose it was about remembering. Up until now I had avoided seeing or hearing Steve "live" but tonight I needed to. Remember him as he was not just the memory but "live" And he was more than I remembered the laugh, the smile which still caught my breath. The determined spirt that every Wright is simple born with.
Why now well I suppose with Steves birthday coming up on Sunday and knowing this will be a day of pain but one I so want to be about celebrating. Celebrating this was the day that an amazing man came into the world. But how do you celebrate when the man you last saw on his 41st birthday was wearing a ballon made hat in TGI Fridays. Is now not here ..........
Steve was a great man who brought hapiness to everything he did.
Our family holidays were spent in Spain, with Steves parents and the fun times were made of the simple things.
Races up and down the beach with pizza boxes balanced on coke cans. An idea which came from Megs desire to eat Pizza on the beach soon turned into a competitive game! (Well we were with the Wrights)
A game made of such simple things but born out of the fact that no matter what you have in life if you have family and love then anything can be fun. And this is what we did. Without question we would all join in. Whether you were 70 or 7 you had to take part.
The laugher of this video took me back. Took me back to place of simple happiness. Not stuggling with cancer or grief but a life of laughing.
How do you move forward from this.
Well by Jesus Im trying but this week is damn hard!
No matter what I do or say I seem to be brought back to a place of grief!
Oh please I thought I had dealt with this! Im moving forward dont you know!
And then I remember that as strong as my mind is my damn emotional heart just cant keep up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment