Saturday 30 June 2012

3 Weeks

3 weeks / 21 days and it feels like home.


In fact our new house in Guildford felt like home the day we moved in. Maybe because the furniture just fitted, maybe because the move was much easier than I thought but no matter what the reason it feels just right.

A new life, a new start. Not on my own, as Steve is here. He will always be with me but in this house it feels like mine. A way of being me, after so long of just existing. A home where I can live. Rather than waiting.....

Today was the real goodbye though, as today was the last day I can go into Birdwalk House when ever I like and that felt strange. Saying goodbye to an empty house which was so quiet and echoes. A house which was always felt full of life. A house which saw so many wonderful things and so many very sad things. Saying goodbye was hard. I know its still mine and only rented out. And I know I love where I am now but the fact I just can’t pop in there when ever I like. The fact another family is going to enjoy all of the things which Steve and I spent hours choosing for our family just feels sad. It feels final. The house is moving on and its time I did too.

So in my new house in Guildford I plan to do just that! Well in fact I’ve already started! I walked into town this morning with Meg; we stopped for starbucks on the way, because we can! And I went off to a Pilate’s class and Meg off to a new part time job.

So Guildford a new town, a new life. One for the living and that’s exactly what I intend to do.

1 comment:

  1. A new start that I hope you are all enjoying. As you journey on and time constantly changes feelings and thoughts, it is comforting to know that Steve will always be watching over from above and nudge you in the direction he knows is best for you all.
    Good luck in this new chapter in your life and I hope to see you soon. Much love, Jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete