Sunday 16 September 2012

Wedding of the Year

Well as we all knew the bride and groom looked amazing. Not simply the amazing glamours, like they stepped out of a magazine cover! But what I didn't foresee was the love. The love of two people who had been through ups and downs together. The love of two people, who had two children. The love of people who knew what it was like to battle together already before they married through tough times. And there they stood. Looking at each other as though they were the only ones in the room.
The love was infectious. Couple who maybe hadn't had that love for many years, were re united by the love that Kelly and Fish shared. And     There was I ........
Knowing what that love felt like.
Knowing what commitment felt like but still being there alone. But not sad! No glad, knowing that love is possible. Knowing that a shared common goal means that two is better than one.
So seeing 2 people that truly loved each other confirmed to me that it is possible to live again. Who knows where this journey will take me but one thing I know is that Im grateful that my friends still included me.
It would have been easy to not include that "sad widow" on the invite but they didnt! Instead they went one step further and invited me and the girls, who both looked simply beautiful. Sat at a table with one person missing was hard but the laughs and the smiles pulled us through. Steve as always was in every ones thoughts and Im so glad I and the girls could be there to represent him.
So tomorrow is a new day and tomorrow brings a new Mr and Mrs. And well I will always be a Mrs, just without my Mr here in the physical sense but always in the spiritual one......

No comments:

Post a Comment