Wednesday 9 November 2011

You’re a live – live it

Breath, move and your still here, so if that’s the case then why stop now!

Look I’ve told you I’m not good on the 9th and lets be honest their never is going to be a worse 9th then the 9th November 2011! That truly is the last day that I slept next to you. Kissed you goodnight for the very, very last time!

And now well I found, myself in London with the choice of going back home alone or going for tequila or two!

Well having found myself in the oddest of bars drinking and singing to the most ridiculous karaoke it almost seemed right!!

Until I left. And I  met Stephen, Steve the guy who is 41 years of age who lives under the cover of the arches. He was asking for a £1. A £1 what is that going to do with his life! I asked him his name and as soon as he said my name is Stephen, then quite frankly it was game over!! How could I leave him without everything that was in my purse.

My message to him was simple! Do something different with your life tomorrow. Tomorrow is the 10th November and you need to do something different! Tomorrow Steve would have been dead 1 year and you will still be alive! Tomorrow Stephen, my Steve will have been dead for a year! He won’t see his daughter turn 12 he won’t see Meg turn 15, he won’t be here with me celebrating Xmas.! None of it!!

Instead Stephen do something different with your life. Take the money I’ve jus given you! Which I know is more than I should be giving you but take  that money and do something different with your life! Do it!
What ever it is, for my Stephens sake please do something with your life because he isn’t here anymore.
I’m not preaching at you! Just do something which symbolises that you’re alive!
And as I write this I find myself more train buddies, People who have been out on a Wednesday night who see this mad woman writing frantically typing on her lap top! Who make the massive mistake of asking me what I’m writing about and in that moment I discover the lady next to me is struggling to cope with her dad being diagnosed with Kidney Caner and the man opposite me trying to think of how he is going to support his best friend whose Dad has just died today of Cancer and then I realise it is all around.

So to my Steve I love you now and forever and to the Stephen who has my £30 under the arches have a bloody good day/night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment