Friday 30 March 2012

Get Here If You can........

You can reach by rail wail , you can reach me by caravan

I dont care how you get here...........

Damn You Oleta Adams and damn you South Africans for playing this song whilst Im relaxing in my hotel.
Funny this song as its as soppy as they come but so true. 

I am in South Africa with work! I know how glamorous......

The last time I was here was with Steve our  last holiday as a couple and what a holiday it was!

We had such fun! Mad times laughing being silly because we didnt have a care in the world. No cancer on the scene at that point but looking back Steve probably did have cancer but it hadnt invaded our life by then.

Well this song talks about not caring, not caring about how someone gets here. Be here now I dont care how get here, just get here if you can.

But you cant can you! Well not in body but in spirit I know you here.

Big week for me and the company this week. We have a big pitch to do but the team is great and we have the evidence to prove its a no brainer but still I would like that last minute pep talk you were always so good at. It went something along the lines of "Get on with it Woman!" nothing  deeper  than that, just about belief and your ability to make me feel better and do you know what I hated it at the time. I dont know what I wanted, maybe a sympathetic ear, to be told it will all be alright and that it was going to be fine etc etc.
Now I would do anything to hear your voice telling me to get a bloody move on! But I suppose in a funny way I do have it because your still here in my brain. I can hear you, your words of encouragement I just wish I could feel your arms wrapped around me giving me the cuddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment